En Español
Call For Your Free Consultation 866.690.6408
Seek Help for Your Child Custody Case Protect You & Your Family's Rights with Professional Legal Help

Common Questions on Child Custody

Tampa Child Custody Attorney

Are you drawing up the terms of a separation or divorce? Reaching a favorable agreement can be a complex process. Our Tampa child custody lawyer has offered premier legal service for more than 24 years, and can provide the guidance you need during custody negotiations. Contact the Law Offices of Manuel Fajardo for more information.

Common questions regarding child custody include:

  • How is custody determined? - The terms of a child custody time-sharing plan can be determined either by the court, a hearing officer, or by agreement between the parties. If the parents cannot agree on a custody or time-sharing plan, a judge will formulate a plan in your child's best interest, based on a variety of factors. The amount of time each parent spends with their child is called a time-sharing.

  • What are temporary orders? - Temporary orders are established before terms of custody, time-sharing, or divorce are completed. Temporary orders allow a parent to receive some type of requested relief such as temporary visitation, time-sharing, child and/or spousal support during the proceedings of the litigation. A temporary order will be replaced by a final judgment at the completion of the family law case.

  • Can my child choose to live with me? - A child's choice or preference can be considered by the court. When considering your child's preference, Florida court will take into account their maturity, experience and intellect.

  • Can I request more time under a time-sharing plan once it has been decided? - Although you cannot be guaranteed increased time-sharing with your child, you can increase your chances of additional time under a future modification by involving yourself in your child's life. This includes providing for their needs, establishing a beneficial living environment, and supporting a relationship with the other parent.

  • When can I modify a custody arrangement? - A child support plan can be modified at any time, so long as there has been a significant change of circumstances that would justify such a change. This can include changes in income, child care expenses, and the health of a child or parent. As before, the terms of a modification will be based on the standard of the child's best interest.

  • If I am an active military member, can my parents take over my custody or visitation rights? - If you are the sole custodian of the child or children, and you are deployed for reasons of military service, you can designate a family member or relative as a custodian of your child. Grandparents, stepparents, and other relatives are all eligible to take on the responsibilities of a parent in the military.

Contact an Attorney

Don't wait to secure a Tampa child custody lawyer to guide you through the family law litigation process. Attorney Fajardo understands the value of spending time with your children, and can help you reach a beneficial custody agreement. We offer services in English and Spanish, and give each of our clients a free consultation.

Contact our firm to begin working with a qualified professional today.

Why Should You Hire Our Divorce Lawyer?

  1. Over 20 Years of Legal Experience
  2. Very Good Rating on Avvo
  3. Free Initial Consultations
  4. Compassionate & Effective Legal Guidance
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.